Sashant Biofertilizer is a unique liquid & powder based formulation of Azotobacter. SASHANT contain useful Nitrogen fixing bacteria which fix the atmospheric Nitrogen asymbiotically.
Active Ingredient :
Cells of Azotobacter chroococcum. (Nitrogen Fixing Bacteria)
Why SASHANT? :
Microbes present in SASHANT perform two different set of actions to make Nitrogen available to plant
Direct Nitrogen fixation
In air 78% nitrogen is available. But it is in the form of N2 , whereas plant requires Nitrogen in the form of NO3. So even plenty of nitrogen present in air, plant cannot use it. Microbes present in SASHANT when reach up to root zone of any crop first they releases various enzymes like, Nitrogenase. These enzymes acts on linkage bond between two nitrogen molecules and by various conversions make available to plant.
Indrect Nitrogen availability
Most of farmers have a tendency to use chemical nitrogen sources to mitigate nitrogen demand by plant. Generally urea is in the form of Amine (NH2
) so here again it is different from actual requirement of plant i.e. NO3
Microbes present in SASHANT here also help to convert NH2
form of nitrogen available from urea to required form by plant i.e. NO3
Conversion step when using chemical fertilizer (Urea)
Amine nitrogen (NH2). Ammonia (NH3). Ammonium (NH4). Nitrite (NO2). Nitrate (NO3)
Precautions to be taken while biofertilizer application
- Crops : SASHANT is recommended mainly for non- leguminous crops like paddy, wheat, cotton, maize, barley, sorghum, oat, sugarcane, sugar beet, brinjle, potato, cabbage, cauliflower, onion, pulses, oilseeds, fruits, flowers, medicinal plants, plantation and other crops .
- Soil application Mix 3 to 5 kg/1liter SASHANT in 50 kg Farm Yard Manure and apply to one acre field before sowing/transplanting.
- Seed treatment : Mix 250 gram/100ml SASHANT in 250 ml of molten and cooled slurry prepared by adding small lump of jaggary and mix to seeds required for one acre. Dry in shade for 15-30 minutes before sowing. 250gm SASHANT is sufficient for 10-15 kg seeds.
- Seedling/sets/rhizomes Treatment : Mix 1 kg/500ml of SASHANT in 50 liters of water in a container and dip the seedling/sets/rhizomes for 30 minutes before transplanting in one acre.
- Drenching : Mix 1kg/1litre of SASHANT in 200 liters water and use for drenching soil, near the root zones of crop in one acre area.
- Store in cool dry and well ventilated place away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Do not mix biofertilizers with chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
- Keep 15 days interval between application of chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
- Use before expiry date
- SASHANT supply “N” to the plants to the extent of 10 to 20 kg/ ha.
- Saves up to 25-30% of costly chemical fertilizer inputs.
- Avoids soil erosion thereby helping in the conservation and Improvement of soil structure and fertility.
- Being environment friendly, it does not disturb ecological balance.
- Protects roots from fungal infestation because of its property to secret Antifungal metabolites.
- Strains isolated & cultured from local environment for best result.
- Increase in percent of germination.
- Induce vigorous root growth in early plant stand.
- Immunity against soil borne fungal infection.