Biophosol Biofertilizer is a unique liquid and powder based formulation containing various microbes useful for phosphorus solubilization. Phosphate solubilizers dissolve fixed phosphate into plant utilizable form. Phosphate solubilizers produce organic acids (viz, citric acid, succinic acid, lactic acid, etc.), hormones (viz, indole acetic acid, gibberellins etc.) and enzymes (viz, phytase, nuclease, lecithinase etc.) that help in solubilisation of insoluble phosphates into plant utilizable form.
Active Ingredient :
Selective Strains of Phosphate Solubilising Bacteria (PSB)
Why Biophosol? :
Up to 40 to 50 percent of P2
(Phosphorus pent oxide) after separating from Phosphatic fertilizer, became unavailable due to formation of bond (salt) with cation like Zn, Ca, Mg, Fe etc. Microbes of Biophosol release various enzymes which break bond between cation (viz, Ca, Mg, Fe) and P2
and make P2
free for consumption by plants. By this, cost of application of phosphatic fertilizer is reduced. Microbes also release P2
deposited previously applied fertilizer.
Mostly farmer uses DAP as a prophetic source. As we apply DAP it get dissolve and liberate P2
. These P2
have negative valiancy so remain negatively charge. In soil there are so many positive charged elements are present like Zn, Cu, Fe, Ca etc. so positive and negative get attracted and make fix bond. These bonds become unavailable to plant and thus P2
converts into salt. Day by day these salts get deposited and soil becomes hard. When PSB microbes incorporated in soil, they release various organic acids which break this bond between positive negative and make P2
available to plants.
Main Crops :
- Soil application : Mix 3 to 5 kg/1 liter Biophosol in 50 kg Farm
- Yard Manure and apply to one acre field before sowing/transplanting.
- Seed treatment : Mix 250 gram/100ml Biophosol in 250 ml of molten and cooled slurry prepared by adding small lump of jaggary and mix to seeds required for one acre. Dry in shade for 15-30 minutes before sowing. 250gm/100ml
- Biophosol is sufficient for 10-15 kg seeds.
- Seedling/sets/rhizomes Treatment : Mix 1 kg/500ml of Biophosol in 50 liters of water in a container and dip the seedling/setts/rhizomes for 30 minutes before transplanting in one acre.
- Drenching : Mix 1kg/1liter of Biophosol in 200 liters water and use for drenching soil near the root zones of crop in one acre area.
- Soil Application for Nursery : In 1 kg cow dung or compost add 10ml/25 gm Biophosol and spread it to nursery
For All Crops
Precautions to be taken while biofertilizer application
- Store in cool dry and well ventilated place away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Do not mix biofertilizers with chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
- Keep 15 days interval between application of chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
- Use before expiry date.
- Supply “P” to the plants to the extent of 30 to 50 kg/ ha.
- Saves up to 25-30% of costly chemical fertilizer inputs.
- Avoids soil erosion thereby helping in the conservation and
- Improvement of soil structure and fertility.
- Being environment friendly, it does not disturb ecological balance.
- Biophosol can be used for organic farming.